Monday, July 04, 2011

Why 'that' name? Aizah Layina?

After announcing to everyone our first child's name- Khalid Khairaldin, we kinda got a few positive and negative remarks. Alhamdulillah there were more positive than negative remarks so it didn't really bother us that much.

 
So when it came to naming our second child, we applied the same 'technique' on how we chose Khairaldin's name. We made sure the name has good meaning, that will befit and bring blessings to the child throughout her life. As it is also stated in a Hadith, It is reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "On the Day of Resurrection, you will be called by your names and by your fathers' names, so give yourselves good names." (Hadith Abu Dawud). So, we stuck to our principles and chose her name. Alhamdulillah, so many people fell in love with the name we have chosen which is, Aizah Layina. At first I spelt it as Aiza but in Arabic it is spelt as 'عایزه' hence there's a 'H' at the end.

What does the name mean, I hear you ask? So many people are intrigued especially with her second name. Almost everyone is calling her Layina because they love that name so much and think it's very unique. I'm so glad people chose to call her Layina because we are calling her Aizah. :) Well, Aizah means Noble and Layina means Soft or Gentle in Arabic Language.

As usual, the deal was for me to choose a girl's name and Iskandar choose a boy's name. But truthfully, I am so bad with names! I just can't decide what to name my babies. Iskandar chose both names and Alhamdulillah both of them have good names with good meanings. As we were browsing for names, Iskandar instantly liked the name Aizah. He's always wanted the meaning 'Noble'. So we settled with Aizah. And I wanted something beginning with L, somehow. Hehe I had 'Lana' in mind but I couldn't find the meaning to it and I wasn't sure if it was an Arabic name or not. So we didn't go ahead with that. Then we saw 'Layina' since the meaning is soft and gentle we thought, hey that suits her so much! Ever since in the tummy, she has been rather soft and gentle. Her movement was different to Khairaldin's. She moves really gently which you can really see every movement from outside the tummy. Then we tried to combine both names and it sounded nice and unique.

So really, that is why we chose the name Aizah Layina. Even though I had chosen a girl's name when I was carrying Khairaldin, I just feel it wouldn't suit her. The name was Lana Maria. It's got a nice sound to it but I don't know, it just wasn't Aizah Layina.

I pray that she will live up to her name and May Allah subahanahu wata a'la protect her and guide her to the right path always.  Amin!!! <3

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

4 comments:

Guy3menon said...

Beautiful name Iva! May she live up to her name, do her family proud and shine in all that she does in future! Quick question - is it scary to have a baby? did u worry about how u will manage them, when they cry, when they fall sick, u know all that stuff? getting the pressure from family, lil worried though i really want to have kids.. sigh... :s anyway kisses to baby layina and ur darling khalid.. be good and happy 'pantang-ing' :)

Raja Iva Adnanne said...

Gayathri, thank u so much for ur prayers and kind words :)

Anyway, yes it is scary the thought of having a child! But in the end of the day, you have to ask urself why u want to have a child. With God's will, when HE gives you a child it only means HE believes and trusts you. So accept the child and believe HE will always help u out. Mother instincts helps too when the child's born ;)

Nurvia said...

Congrats on the baby girl iva. beautiful name indeed. pretty adorable one too. kirim salam raja and your babies. xoxo

shauky said...

Alhamdulillah. I know this is an old post but, one of my daughters is called Aiza, the other one Lana. Imagine my surprise when I read your article. Aiza was born in the Maldives. Lana in Malaysia.