Monday, June 17, 2013

"Why did you leave UK??"

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

Alhamdulillah we got the chance to "meet" again. As most of you might already know, my family and I have decided to come back to Malaysia for GOOD. I have been in the UK for 11 years and Iskandar joined me aftter marriage which makes it about 6years. Our decision to come back home was rather spontaneous and yet partly planned. Everyone has been asking us, why would we choose to stay in Malaysia since UK is more advanced in many ways, especially their education. Yes, I could not agree more, UK is one of the best place to bring up the children seeing that their education is FREE and more 'relaxed'. As for Malaysia, good education means expensive and more stress. Regardless of all that, our decision remains.

The reason we came back to Malaysia wasn't because of the education, food or anything along that line. Our main reason for moving back was to gain more knowledge in Islam. I had been envious of my friends who always post reviews on Islamic seminars that they go to during the weekends. It's amazing how easy they can access such knowledge. You see, in the UK we do have Islamic talks too. However, the talks are normally held in London which is quite a distance from us. Even if they do, it's almost impossible for us to go as a family. This is because most of the Masjid in UK would not allow ladies to enter therefore it would always be Iskandar going for the talks and updating me on it. I wouldn't mind getting infos from him in that sense, however, I have always been brought up to join my parents for Islamic talks at Masjid. We definitely want the same for our kids and want them to be exposed to Islam in various ways.

When Iskandar and I was contemplating on coming back for good we came across this hadith; The messenger of Allah salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say : "Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated." Alhamdulillah I have managed to attend a Tazkirah and Qiamullail last weekend with my parents. My dad's company hosts the Qiamullail once every 2 months and Alhamdulillah, last weekend was one of them and Insha'Allah the next one will be on the 27th Ramadhan or earlier. I am very happy that Allah had answered our prayers and have granted us what we need in this world and hereafter.

The day before the Qiamullail, I attended a cousin's wedding in Nilai. We drove up and came home in the evening. I was so tired and didn't think I could attend the Tazkirah that night. Little did I know, Allah was the one who gave me strength and 'made' me attend the talk regardless of my physical state. AllahuAkbar. I managed to get myself ready for the Tazkirah and definitely enjoyed the talk given by the Ustaz. SubhanAllah, the ustaz gave such a simple tazkirah but it meant so much to me, especially. I shall share the Tazkirah in another post which I will continue writing straight away just because I don't want this post to look too-much-info that you will leave the page and lose the insights. So, if you do wanna read up on the Tazkirah, please click on the next link.

Tazkirah :) 

No comments: