Richness is not the abundance of wealth, rather it is self sufficiency. (Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
Isn't this the most famous debate amongst our mates, Mommies? If you tell a working Mom that you're a SAHM, they'd be so envious of you. It's like "oh I wish I have your life!". As for SAHM, we have the same reaction towards Working Moms (because all we want is their monthely wages!!!!). You see, we human beings can never be satisfied with what we have, we are made this way. Period. So, instead of getting envious with our family or friend's life, try and be happy with our life first. There are pros and cons to everything that we have in this life, it's just how we make full use of it.
Here's a view from a SAHM. If you think our life is oh-so-perfect, think again! When you are a SAHM (without any maids, bare in mind) life is tough! Here's why, in my point of view:
• Most importantly, you can never take 5 mins just to go to the toilet. It's either you have to hold it in until his next nap time or just drag him to the toilet together with you (if desperate measure calls)!
- unlike working Mom's, they can just drop their work and just have that toilet time that they need.
• SAHM don't get 1 hour lunch break, it's always gobble,gobble, done!
- Working Mom's have 10mins tea break or 1 hour lunch. They still have time off for a peace of mind.
• SAHM don't get that pleasure of monthly incomes.
- Working Mom's have the pleasure to spoil themselves every month (if they chose to).
Yes, I am being kind of negative about SAHM here. Let's look at it in a better view....
• SAHM don't get paid but they get loads of cuddles and kisses every minute!
• SAHM don't get that extra long break or toilet breaks, but they do have a few hours extra just for a li'l lay in (or afternoon naps) as compared to having to wake up very early in the morning.
• SAHM 'works' as much as Working Mom's physically and mentally, trust me!
So that's the few list from me. It is what you want in life that matters most. Doesn't mean if your friend is a SAHM, they get it easy and vice versa. If you appreciate everything that is given your way, you will feel happier in life. Take control of your life as noone else could (other than Allah). If we start to count our blessings, we might feel like there's not much to it. But instead, try and make everything in our life as a blessing! Let's view life in a different way from now on, Insha'Allah, there is more things that we can appreciate than depreciate.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device