Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My boy and my girl :)

Believe it or not, Khairaldin's been in school for 6 weeks now! He's having his half term holiday next week, yeah in the UK they get 1 week off every 6 weeks. Too many holidays but guess they really need it. Alhamdulillah he's been amazing ever since he started school. He couldn't even hold a pencil properly before this but now, he's already tracing the dots amazingly! I was so amazed when I sat down with him to do his homework (they have 2 pieces of homework every Friday and apparently it's not enough). He can even draw straight lines! Every Thursday they have a show and tell, something like presentation. I'm glad they start early because I am not one to do presentations! I hate presentations. I guess it's because we weren't exposed to it from a young age. Khairaldin doesn't mind the crowd. So tomorrow he has to bring something to talk about Hajj. I LOVE HIS SCHOOL! Although, I am struggling on what to bring. (Mom's my saviour as I've just received a text on some ideas! Superb!) Love the fact that they teach the children about Hajj etc. Today Khairaldin came home from school and said, "Mommy, we have to tawaf the kaabah 7 times you know!!!!" :))

My utmost  respect to the teachers for having such determination to teach these kids. Masha'Allah. I was gutted for a while when he came back with all these amazing 'skills'. Only because it wasn't me who taught all of these to him. However, I have come to realise that I was part of it. I have been teaching him throughout his 3 years. Alhamdulillah Iskandar and I have managed to do a lot with him. If we didn't send him to school, he might still be the boy that he was 6 weeks ago. It is okay for other people to teach him new things in life. It is okay if he learn through his mistakes. We can't take full responsibility for everything. There's a reason why teachers are teachers and friends are friends. They are there to teach you the meaning of life and that is why it is important to choose a good education as well as good friends! :)

Above all, I am thankful that I am the first person he tells his day story to. THAT I wouldn't wanna miss it for anything at all! My boy is chatty, SubhanAllah. He can go on and on about things from morning up to his bedtime. When he tells a story, he tells it in detail. Like every single thing he did. But, he can never tell his story twice. Whenever he repeats himself, the story will be altered or lose its meaning. So, that's why I want to be there when he finishes school. I wanna know everything he did when he wasn't with me. Alhamdulillah.

Little sister is also indulging herself in books. Layina loveeeeee books! She can sit down quietly flipping books after books. This is the only mess that I am okay with. It's nice to see her look at the pictures as if she knows what she's reading. She memorises her books so well. For instance if we sing a nursery rhyme, she knows which book it relates too. How amazing are their brains?? SubhanAllah!

No comments: