Monday, June 21, 2010

Al-Fatihah.

This date last year, was supposed to be Khairaldin's estimated due date (EDD). When I told my Mom about it, the first thing that came to her mind was "it's also your late brother's birthday :)". I bit my tongue and celebrated silently. You see, my Mom had all of us at 7 months. We were all premature except for my youngest brother- 9 months cycle. Alhamdulillah all of us survived in the incubator for the next 2 months. As for my late brother, he was given birth at 6 months+ and survived for 2 days. My parents always talked about him. They always reminded us of him and according to them, "he's a heaven's child". I had no doubt about that. There must be a reason why Allah took him away from us. Even though my parents talked about him that much, I always took him for granted. I never knew his birthday until the day I found out my EDD. I believe that Allah works in mysterious way and this is one of His many ways to get me to remember my late brother's birth/existance.

I really admire my parents' strength and determination. Even after losing their 2nd baby, they never gave up to have more. If it were to be me, I'd be so heartbroken. But Alhamdulillah, with Allah's will, they managed to have 4 other babies after that. I feel so blessed to have a brother watching over me from Heaven. :) Mom said that Heaven babies would always ask Allah if the person who's passed away was a relative of His. As they've been wanting to meet up with their family members. Abg Soleh, Insha'Allah we'll meet someday :).

Gosh, I can't believe how much I'm crying right now even though I don't know him personally. I truly miss him and wonder what it'd be like if he's around. But Abg Soleh, you're always in our heart, soul and prayers. I pray that we'll meet one day. Amin!!

Al-Fatihah.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: